Again, I went to open the window and again that was enough to put the bird to flight. As before, it flew down the lake and landed on the railing on the bridge to the island. However, once it turns sideways, you lose the sight of the bright blue plumage on its back and the wings appear to go dark and it disappears into the background.

1 Comment

swallowtail swallowtail

Re: Finally - A Kingfisher!

Hi

Only just caught up on the site again.  I was washing a nature programme the other night and they had Kingfishers on it, apparently the only reason for the bright colours is the reflection of the water, and when a kingfisher is found dead, there plummage is grey!  Hard to believe when you see them with such beatiful colours.

Hope your both keeping well

Julie